Monday, June 23, 2014

Butterfly Wings


These precious girls, they come.  Fragile.  Precious.  Pure Beauty.  Our butterflies.

Opening our home wide, our family.  They soar straight to my momma heart.   They have weathered hard journeys and foster care brings them to our garden.

In the past year, I have written less.  Lived more.  Adding four precious butterflies to our garden, time dwindles.  Floors get dingy.  Dust gathers.  Laundry multiplies.  Joy explodes.

Anne Voskamp grabbed the syllables lingering in my heart and penned them "How we open up our calendars and our doors and our schedules and our agendas and make room for people, because it is how we make room for God."

I long to make more room for my God.  Til he fills every nook of our home and every cranny of my heart.

My perfectly clean house has vanished.  Homeschool lesson plans have lost a bit of luster.  Meals have simplified beyond belief.  Toys have declared war.  But in the midst of the evident chaos, giggles erupt.  Lil princesses wrapped up in God's love, sing Jesus loves me to each other.  They twirl.  They worship.  They smile down deep.

Our butterflies.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love caling them butterflies! You are all so blessed!

BARBIE said...

Beautiful!

Terra said...

I came over from Heart 2 Heart blog to say hi. I love your butterfly image for your children.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I took an extended break this summer so I could soak up my children before the start of the school year. It was so worth it! :) Our two littlest "babies" started Kindergarten just this morning. It's bittersweet for this mama.