Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Smoothie In the Morning

Smoothie Smile

This little grin asks.  She asks every night as we snuggle up, all tucked into bed.
"Will we have our smoothies in the morning."

Yes my sweet princess, I answer before we blow goodnight kisses from the door.  We will have our smoothie in the morning.

In honesty, I thought I would be the one teaching.  In this adventure of fostering, everythings turned upside down, really right side up.  And I am the learner.

A four year old, in simple child like faith, only needs to know, to be reassured that I will be there in the morning.  Her question has nothing to do with the kale banana smoothie she devours with me each day.  But rather, assurance that the day will start with Momma Sarah.

She endured more than I could fathom before sipping smoothies with me.  So many questions for her future bubble up in my mind.  I may never know her story.  I may not even have her next week for our smoothie time.  But all she needs to know is one thing ...  Will we have our smoothies in the morning.

My heart opens wide and I learn from her simplistic trusting. I too have so many questions.  My own story unfolding.  I cannot know for certain what my next week may hold.  Maybe I can simply ask "Abba will you be there with me tomorrow?"   I know the answer and it changes everything.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."  - Psalm 143:8





3 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you for always blessing my heart, love you.

Maryann said...

You have such a powerful way with words and displaying your heart in the process. Such an encouragement.

Pia said...

{love} {joy} {peace}

(((HUGS)))

♥ Merry Christmas! ♥