Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Bit Belated

"Let all that you do be done with love." - God

I missed the day here, celebrating it real in life. A day dedicated to love. Chocolates, pink roses, family dinners, oodles of squeezes and hugs. A day wrapped in love.

I dare to ask, to dream. Can my life be the same? Each day, each breath, each moment, wrapped in love. As a child of the King, He asks me, beckons me, draws me into a love affair with Him. Not to selfishly lavish it only for me. to fill, to replenish, to pour. And I scratch with pen the words on a fresh page from a letter to Corinthians.

"Let all that you do be done with love."

It must be possible, more than just a dream. My word to define my search in syllables loveprints. Honestly the dive into the nudge of my heart has left me hopeful and timid all for what lies ahead. To live love. To lavish love. In all.

Somehow I know I will never be the same. Can never return to my ordinary life of living for me, selfishness will no longer suffice. I sense the power of love. The creak of a door opening to uncontainable joy with each turn of the key. Simple. Love. Powerful. Doesn't it mirror the gospel. Simplicity of belief to lead us into blessings profound.

Embarking on this loveprint journey, I debated whether to share or hide the jewels in my own heart. I told you, I'm learning the love walk. To be real, exposing my weakness, sharing the triumphs with you dear ones, that come to read and splash alongside of me. The real Sarah is the only one that will point to the real Jesus. The icky and the redeemed all rolled up into walking flesh that will learn to walk in love wherever it may lead. I will share her with you.

It must be possible to do it all with love. To live. To eat. To breathe.
To turn the socks the right side out and not simply put them away.
To pick up dirty clothes across the floor for the hundreth time and smile in heart.
To cook, homeschool, clean, attack dust bunnies, as a hymn of love.
To live love.

I humbly thank you for allowing me to share my journey. Let's walk together along the path. Will you share one act of love (no matter how big or small) that you stepped into today.

8 comments:

Missie said...

to live love. i think that will be my new motto

Unknown said...

love you my friend and this beautiful post!

soft answer vs a harsh one today many times! choosing love with you!

xoxoxo

Sharon said...

This was really beautiful.

One act of love that I stepped into today? I answered my son's phone call, and listened all about his day. It was perfect...

I loved this phrase, Sarah - "the icky and the redeemed all rolled up into walking flesh..." Oh, how true - I am also a hodge-podge of good and bad.

For the record, Sarah - I like the "you" that you're sharing!!

GOD BLESS!

Kay K said...

I love your post .....Love so pure and to know that GOD loves me so ....when I fail him each day .....he still has the love

Gentleliving7 said...

God showed me so much love today. He has blessed me with healing and a closer walk with HIm. It is more like a regeneration. I will never be the same and I do not wish to be.
He has blessed me with a wonderful husband and daughters as well as a healthy grandson that is so precious to me. My son-in-love is such a hard worker and I am so proud of that.
God has answered so many prayers, so often that words fail me as I attempt to express the love that I feel.
I am woefully inadequate as I struggle to show HIM love. I am still so ....human. I fail everyday.
It is so wonderful to know that my heavenly Father loves me so much!
Today, God enabled me to choose soft words, to give people the benefit of the doubt, to think the best instead of the worst.(although that was not my first inclination, He helped me think a better way after a few minutes) He helped me make decisions about what to do with my time. God enabled me to help and care for the ones that I love so dearly. I love God so much! I give Him praise, honor and glory! He is an awesome provider!

Helene Bergren said...

You have a beautiful way with words, clearly born out of a heart for worship.

For some reason, I just now saw your comment on my blog post about gratitude waaay back in Sept. Thanks for the feedback.

Great challenge to intentionally show love! Loveprints, beautiful concept.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a path well worth walking together. It's never too late to share, spead, speak of love.
Andie

Annie said...

I have a 14 year old and an 11 year old living with me for a bit. Tonight, I had things I wanted to do, but when the 11 year old came and sat on my bed, I decided to watch him and be with him as he drew a picture for me instead of getting started on my list.