Monday, August 13, 2012

Birthday Splash


Call me crazy.  Call me madly in love with my kids.  Call me creatively frugal.   Call me a bit tired after 20 boys invaded my home.  Call me anything, EXCEPT a boring birthday party planning momma.

Birthdays around here are big.  Big as in, the day after the birthday kids begin discussing the theme for their next.  And I LOVE it.

Not exactly sure where it all began.  Most likely a combination of my spunk, passion to celebrate my kids with abandon, absolutely little to no finances as a pastor's wife & missionary momma, and the smiles after our first shin dig.

It continues because my momma heart melts into a big puddle of 'i can do this again' when my kids wrap their arms around my neck year after year declaring "THIS WAS MY BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!"

I delight in seeing the smiles on my kids faces.  Surrounded by their friends (all of them, because our reputation is growing and kids always RSVP)  and of course pouring ourselves fully into creating a day they will never forget.

After this weekend's birthday splash, I sat down and realized how I rejoice in celebrating my boys, giving them the best.  Funny, because right then I felt as if my heavenly Daddy felt the same way.

He delights to give me the best, to orchestrate events in my life to make me smile, to surround me with the best of friends, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune, because He is the ultimate in creativity.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."  - James 1:7

So today, splash around in God's goodness.  Jump into life.  Realize that God has good gifts for you, perfect gifts.  I am.




5 comments:

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, looks like so much fun sweet sis. Splashing in Gods goodness with you.

Mary Singer Wick said...

Oh what fun and fabulous photos! A great day for celebrating God's blessings in your life.

Debbie Petras said...

You are such a fun mama! I love how you celebrate birthdays for your boys. It's been so long since I last saw you Sarah but it seems you've settled into life in AZ. One of these days I hope we can reconnect.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

momto8 said...

must be fun to have a birthday in your house!!

Bams said...

Oh Sarah, I wish I had your energy. I hope you have fun everyday. Still love your blogs!.